- Creation of AfNWA network.
- Organisation of needed courses and trainings for improving research and leadership skills of women in astronomy in Africa.
- Giving visibility to women in astronomy and related fields in Africa through: yearly published reports, newsletters, website, organisation of public talks, public communications, etc.
- Follow-up of the professional path of women in astronomy and related fields in Africa.
- Support of research activities of women in astronomy and related fields through: supervisions of MSc and PhD female students, joint research projects, joint grant proposals, etc.
- Organisation of 2 annual awards for early-career and senior female researcher in astronomy and related fields in Africa.
- Organisation and participation in outreach and public awareness activities for promoting science through astronomy and for inspiring more girls to do STEM fields.
For a complete list of 3 years planned activities and expected outcomes, approved by AfAS Executive Committee, see here.